Sunday, December 29, 2019

The Christmas Letter From a Missionary

Hey guys! Merry Christmas. What a week it has been. It's probably been what of the best on the mission. As a district we've been getting up a little earlier and all meeting at this barn full of workout equipment and working out to start the day off. It's super cold in the barn so we all come in coats and stuff. It's super fun. We are having a competition of who can gain the most weight this transfer. 
     Apart from that, being a missionary during Christmas is really amazing. Going into the holidays I thought that I was really going to miss all of the Christmas songs, movies, and traditions. With that all out of the way though, I feel like it has made this the most meaningful Christamas ever. I've never gone into the celebration of His birthday before feeling so close to Jesus. There is a song that I recently heard called "el burrito sabanero". It was playing at our ward Christmas party and I asked my companion what the song was. He told me that it's a really famous song all throughout Latin America. That song stayed in my head for a day after and I kept thinking more about it. I think that there is something really powerful about a little kid from a country on the other side of the world triumphantly singing about a donkey on it's way to Bethlehem so that a Baby can be delivered. 
     I just want you guys all to know that I love Jesus with all my heart. My entire life, I've always made tough decisions by asking myself what Jesus would do. Usually the first thing I think of is that there is no way that He would've gotten himself in this situation in the first place. Following that however, whenever I took the time to really think about it, that's always when I was able to choose to do things that were hard but that I knew were right. Since being on my mission though, I've really seen what it means to put Christ at the center of everything. Striving to be like Him in everything I do is really hard but it is really rewarding when I'm able to really put someone else first and do things I never would've wanted to do a year.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Elder Hackworth

Please watch this video. It is only 3 minutes. I'm not a crier realler but it's hard not to get emotional with this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment