Wednesday, February 19, 2020

President Nelson's Challenge

President Nelson asked us to ponder and write the answers to these questions.

Since I want to follow the prophet, I am going to do that now:

1. What would your life be like without the Book of Mormon?
That is hard to answer because it is and has been such an integral part of my entire life, but It think I would not be a member of the church.  I would likely live a non-religious life, and I would not feel much purpose to my life.

2.  What would you not know?
I would not know about the Atonement, more about the Saviour than is found in the Bible, baptism of infants and how wrong it is, that the Saviour visited the Americas, how America is the promised land. That Columbus was led by God to find this land, that the founding fathers were led by God.

3.  What would you not have?
The sure knowledge that families can be together forever.  The plan of happiness and salvation.  An interest in family history.  Good people in my life.  Even the community where I live is based on the Gospel; Allen's job, which continues to proved us with an income.  I have so much because of the Book of Mormon.

WOW!  I'm grateful for this opportunity to express my feelings about the Book of Mormon, which I love, honor and try to read every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment