Saturday, January 18, 2020

SCRIPTURES

Sometimes, my heart is breaking; and I don't know how to deal with it.

My family causes me a lot of pain, and it's not necessarily their fault.

But, I feel it so intently.  So acutely.

I feel hopeless.

SO, where does the Atonement come in all of us?

Well, it should be there to help me.  It's a shame to not let Christ help me, when he has already felt these overwhelming sorrows that I carry.

I need to learn HOW to actually RELY on him.  Feel his warmth, his comfort, his presence, his guidance.  Oh, I need the power of the ATONEMENT!

So, today while exercising and listening to the Old testament, this was what I was hearing, and I so needed to be reminded of these words and God's power:

2 Samuel: 22

 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

The God of my rock; in him will I trusthe is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
I will call on the Lordwho is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
The sorrows of hell compassed me about.....
In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.


Often times, the scriptures are very healing.  If I just remember to USE THEM!
I have to learn how to get a handle on my emotional pain.
Thank you, Heavenly Father, for your patience with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment