Saturday, January 18, 2020

Opportunities to Help Neighbors

I am not a very productive person during many of my days.

I'm trying to work on a project right now, but I move slowly and don't get a lot done.

But, it's fun when people NEED me - because I can get out of myself and look to others.

So, here's what Has happened recently:

Went with Gigi to the Jewish Shabbat on Friday night; it's only once a month, so she wanted to go.  She had made some cookies that are significant to the Jewish people.  It was interesting and I had actually been there one year ago.

Tended Little Oakley Stout for a good portion of Saturday while the rest of her family went to dress rehearsal for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.  I'll tell you, those are the best behaved little girls on the planet.  And Oakley is no exception.  She was a jewel.  She never cries, complains; just entertains herself.  What a darling family they are.

Judged an elementary art contest; that was tough; I don't like doing that because I'm not good at making up my mind.

Spent some time on Sunday afternoon with a new family in our ward showing them some things on Family History.  They were a delightful family with five little darling kids.  It brought back so many memories of raising our own family.  RAH and I went together to do that.

Went with Donna Conder to the Family History Center to show her the slide scanner and photo scanner.  She was so excited to get all her slides digitized.

RAH and I went to take a little gift to Harlan Hancock who is 90 today!  His family was there, and they were having a wonderful time eating and celebrating.  He has had 11 mini strokes, and he NEVER misses Sacrament Meeting.  He and his wife are such an inspiration to me.  For years, he did thousands of names in Indexing.  She is just a marvel and they are always so very positive.

Earlier, we had visited Gordon Lyle in the hospital a couple of times because he had DOUBLE KNEE surgery.

So, we have been busy.  I just need to learn to be more productive every day and not just when people ask us to do things!

No comments:

Post a Comment