Saturday, January 5, 2019

OUR CHURCH and Opportunities to Serve

Yesterday I took a name to the temple for an endowment session.

There were some small changes made in the endowment ceremony; nothing major that I could notice, but some slight alterations.  I loved that there were a lot of old people there, but also young couples too.  Our church gives opportunities to serve for people of all ages.  It's wonderful.

This morning, Allen and I went to the temple grounds at 8:00AM to take the lights down.  It was cold, but it went so fast because there were so many people there to help.  There were young kids, adults, and they were chattering and having such a good time.

I was grateful that we could help.

Every section was assigned a specific stake to take down the lights around the temple yard.  Our stake provided donuts and hot chocolate...thank you very much, even though we didn't partake.  But, it was so heartening to see so many people come out to help.  It made the last go very fast!

I'm so grateful for our church; it's such a great way to live and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment