Monday, June 8, 2015

The Lesson Given in Relief Society

I was having some semi-bitter feelings over a situation in our family.

It was eating away at me.

The lesson in RS yesterday was all about serving and not giving in to feelings of being tired of serving;  we should serve with all our hearts, bear one another's burdens, help others at whatever the cost in our precious time.

It was like the lesson was directed towards me....and me only.

I had actually driven home, but turned around and went back to RS.

And, then, THAT lesson.  I so needed to hear it...even more importantly, I need to act on it.

Will I still get bitter sometimes.

Of course.

Will I still be upset at this situation.

Yes, unfortunately I will.

BUT, if I can just reflect on the movie clip we saw, remember the scripture reference, it should help me to be more willing to serve in the way I should.

And, I'm grateful for that lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment