Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Ability to TYPE!

Every Wednesdsay, I help at the family history center. It's great to help the people there, and I enjoy it.

Today, I worked with a man - probably mid 70's. As a career, he had worked in broadcasting at KSL radio/tv. I'm sure that he was fantastic at his job, because he was fun, delightful, interesting.

But, he couldn't type. And, in this day and age, that is such a huge handicap. When he was in school, lots of boys didn't do the typing thing...nothing against him, it was the day and age.

Watching him painstakingly type in just one name made me so incredibly grateful for the ability - not that I'm good or fast or accurate - to type.

That has been a great, great blessing in my life.

And, I'm thankful for computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment