Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Mini Tablet

Sitting in front of me before church started one day, I noticed Todd with the new-fangled thing called an IPad.

I asked if I could just hold and look at it.

I was hooked!

A few days later, when I mentioned to Allen that I thought we should get one, he was ANGRY!  We had just purchased two new Toshiba Laptops to take to China, and he could not see ANY reason whatsoever to get an IPad.  (Well, he was probably right about that.)

Later that week, we happened to be in Best Buy for something we needed to take to China, and Allen saw the displays.  He went over, looked at it, played with it a little, and said to the salesman, "We'll take one, in fact, do we need two?"

While in China, I also bought an IPod Touch in the spring of 2011, which I have absolutely loved having...I use it almost every day when I head to the gym to either read a book or listen to an audio book on it.

So, when a new version of an IPad came out in 2012, I wanted- nay convinced myself that I NEEDED one.  Allen was again upset - we already had one, why would we need another one.  But, I used some money from my father's inheritance and bought the most expensive, highest memory IPad.  I have loved it.  Allen uses the old one, I used the new one.

Fast forward to 2013, the mini IPad came out.

You guessed it, I convinced myself that I MUST HAVE A MINI!  Because, you see, the original was not conducive to holding just for reading...it was great, but just too big for holding in the hand to read.

So, I bought one at Wal*Mart for $125.00....(actually, I bought a mini IPad, but never unboxed it because it was over $400 and I didn't need the expensive IPad since I had an IPhone and IPad.)



Oh, yes, I love it.  I use it every day.  I read on it, watch Netflix on it, play a few games on it.

And, I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment