Monday, July 22, 2013

A Drug-Free Family


Our daughter has been with us for two weeks; she is studying for a very big exam, so basically she just studies...eat, sleep, study.  She is under a lot of pressure, pressure, pressure.

She is an awesome person.  She has worked very hard in her life; she has made very very hard choices that have required her to make a lot of sacrifices - personal and professional and time wise.

We see so many people on our mission who have made really dumb decisions about their lives....I've also made some very dumb decisions, too.   I know about dumb decisions.....they impact us forever.

But, one decision that Kristi has made that makes me grateful: she is not addicted to drugs, alcohol, prescription drugs, etc.

Those RUIN and DESTROY lives.  I see it every day.

And, it reminds me how grateful I am that Kristi and our other children (so far) have not taken that path.

That is not to say, some of our grandchildren might not, or our children may at some point - life is tough out there.  But for these moments, they are drug free.

And, I am so very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment